Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Day 1

The idea trap was laid on April 2nd. A yellow, all-weather notebook and a pen attached to a bench by a lake. This is the first piece of writing we snared: “I have an ass ake from riding a hard ass bike with my friend on the back. I suck dick.” It was written in pencil a mere four hours after launch. A victory but also indicating that my $6 Fisher Pen, which is used by astronauts and can write under water or at 300 degrees, had been stolen. Laughing but a little sad (for what it said about people!), I walked the hill up to my house and brought back a cheap bic.

The morning yielded up to us the following confession of love:“I sit and wait for my sweety, having just run around with another brown eyed handsome man. We shared about our relationships and what each of is experiencing.” Then, a handwriting change, girlier? A rejoinder. “His sweetie has arrived. Girl loves the brown eyed boy more than she thought she could love anyone. : )”

By noon, more lovers, in a lyrical mood, awaited us on the next page. Formatting intact:

Empires crumble…
but Daffodils
still bloom.

Ah spring is here on
a blue sky, yellow
daffodil day.

Teresa and IRV

Irv is surrounded by a heart drawn in two strokes both originating at the center and radiating out, then down. At least that is my guess.

There is also a drawing on one of the pages which is a wobbly oval outline with a lot of blue pen scratches filling it. One imagines that it is a sketch of the lake, although for some reason I expected that it would be a sexual organ. I do not have enough faith in people.

An operational note: people do not seem to be flipping through and writing but rather just going to the 1st open page from the front. But then again, it was too windycold the last time I was out to check through each and every prompt.

There were ducks in the grass by the bench. Which means they shit all over our frisbee field.

No comments: